Re: Gitlab Migration

From: Dmitry Gutov
Subject: Re: Gitlab Migration
Date: Sat, 28 Aug 2021 01:42:58 +0300

On 28.08.2021 00:44, Theodor Thornhill wrote:

There's no such examples on the home page (and it does have a link to a
page supposed to resemble a code review). If you have a better link,
please share.

https://lists.sr.ht/~technomancy/fennel/patches/24386

This shows both a build that succeeded and an inline comment.  More
complicated stuff is likely still missing, but this seems to address
part of what you were referring to, doesn't it?

Finally found it. Yeah, that looks good. Hope others will have an easier time noticing it.

There's also examples
where faling builds sends out notifications etc.  I can try to find some
of those, but that will be shooting in the dark until I find one...

I think I'll take you at your word here. And yeah, notifications are important.

The review UI would need to be tied to a particular branch, instead of
some file attachments. And happen not in a email client, but either in a
browser, or perhaps some re-implementation of the same UI inside Emacs.

Yeah, I agree this is missing, at least if we're not willing to accept
that this might not be the number one thing to need before migrating.

I think a more important blocker is the bug tracker integration (sourcehut has something called "todo", right?). I hear it's still work-in-progress, though maybe that info is outdated?

If after migration we're still using Debbugs, that's pretty much going to nullify any advantages, in my eyes.