Re: GitLab feature request compared with SourceHut (was: Re: Gitlab Migr

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: Re: GitLab feature request compared with SourceHut (was: Re: Gitlab Migration)
Date: Sat, 28 Aug 2021 09:18:20 +0200

> CLOSELY INTEGRATED BUGTRACKER
>
> Looks a bit manual atm, but a big step up from debbugs because there
> is both e-mail control and clickable buttons.
>
> BUG REPORTING
>
> Filing bugs and starting mailing list threads are both just a matter of
> sending e-mails, so report-emacs-bug could do it.

One thing I have to note here is that todo.sr.ht simply assumes that
formatting is some kind of email and markdown, i.e., it'll handle

    > bla bla

as quotation but non-4-space or ```...``` wrapped code snippets will be
treated as normal text (become wrapped).  That's ok if you know it but
suprising if you don't.

Also, todo.sr.ht doesn't support attachments AFAIK, i.e., reports
accompanied with attached patches or screenshots illustrating the issue
aren't displayed.  So that's a major bummer which would need to be
worked on for making it suitable for emacs.

Bye,
Tassilo