Re: Gitlab Migration

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen
Subject: Re: Gitlab Migration
Date: Sat, 28 Aug 2021 17:24:12 +0200

Theodor Thornhill <theo@thornhill.no> writes:

> ** Submitting patches by email.
> It is possible to send patches using a web interface.  It works by using
> the `prepare a patchset` button on your own clone.  So the process
> is usually:
>   - clone the repo
>   - pull it locally
>   - do the work
>   - push the work
>   - use the `prepare a patchset` button or `git format-patch`

Oh, the "prepare a patchset" button sounds very much like Github/Lab's
"pull request" button?  Is that accurate?

> * Code should be accompanied by documentation
> * Formatting code commits

I don't quite understand why we have these in the Gitlab requirements
list -- they seem pretty orthogonal to everything.

> * Closely integrated bugtracker
> automated tasks for patch application and status updates exist here

Is an issue automatically closed if we push a change containing a
magical string like "closes issue #foo" in the commit message?