Re: Gitlab Migration

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen
Subject: Re: Gitlab Migration
Date: Sat, 28 Aug 2021 17:20:09 +0200

Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:

>> It shouldn't mean anything, if GNU decides to host their own
>> instance. Otherwise, every project member would have to play to have an
>> account, but I assume mailing list contributors could continue accessing
>> the mailing list without any issue.
>
> This answers the first part, but not the second.  It looks like the
> Web-based workflows are still not supported well enough.

That's also my impression.  That is, SourceHut supports our current work
flow very well, but it doesn't really give us the popular Github/Lab
work flow: fork the repo, work on something, push it, and then do a
"pull request" towards the original repo by clicking a button, without
sending any emails to any person?

Because that's really what we want to add as an option.