Re: Gitlab Migration

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Gitlab Migration
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2021 22:08:52 +0300

> Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2021 17:29:46 +0200
> From: Theodor Thornhill <theo@thornhill.no>
> CC: Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org>, Daniel Fleischer <danflscr@gmail.com>,
>  philipk@posteo.net
>
> >There doesn't seem to be much movement on getting GitLab to support the
> >features we want, so perhaps we should take a closer look at SourceHut
> >instead.  Has anybody here done an evaluation of SourceHut to see
> >whether it'd fit our requirements?
> >

> We actually discussed it on this list with its creator, Drew DeVault last
> year:
> https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2020-09/msg00534.html

That was almost a year ago, and the discussion is thin on actual
details.  Support for email-based workflow is a good start, and is one
of the main requirements, but what about the GitLab/Github-like
features? if they are missing or incomplete, we will be trading
debbugs for something that is basically the same beast in a different
wrapping.  And what about the other requirements we collected and
documented in the GitLab issue about this?

So, like Lars, I think it would help if someone could post an
evaluation of SourceHut vs what we'd like to see, using the GitLab
issue as the baseline.

TIA