Re: Don't add tags to ELPA packages -- documentation?

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Don't add tags to ELPA packages -- documentation?
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2021 09:25:04 -0400

Hi Yuan,

> Tags are not automatically pushed, so if you don’t explicitly push tags to
> ELPA[1], ELPA shouldn’t include tags in your upstream repo. Tags are indeed

I'd urge you to use more precise terminology.
ELPA is a set of protocols and conventions for distribution and
installation of Emacs packages.
(and GNU ELPA is an ELPA archive hosted at elpa.gnu.org).

The "ELPA" is wrote above refers to a Git repository, presumably to the
Git repository from which the code of the GNU ELPA packages is taken.
So I'd recommend you write it as `elpa.git`.

        Stefan