Re: dash.el [was: Re: Imports / inclusion of s.el into Emacs]

From: João Távora
Subject: Re: dash.el [was: Re: Imports / inclusion of s.el into Emacs]
Date: Tue, 19 May 2020 15:18:43 +0100

On Mon, May 18, 2020 at 7:00 PM Dmitry Gutov <address@hidden> wrote:

> No, I don't. I may have seen it mentioned a few years ago, tried it
> once, the result didn't help me with whatever I was doing at the time,
> so I promptly forgot the binding and what it does.
>
> Does anybody here use 'C-h p' on a regular basis?

Not me. And indeed, I must say I'm always (pleasantly) surprised
by the vastness of C-h commands.  But I don't use half of them,
because I don't know they exist.

But again, that's a question of making them more visible.
I probably know hundreds of keybindings by heart.  I learned
them because they were either very useful or cleverly
advertised.

Let's make a tip-of-the-day or something like that.  This
isn't exactly a new problem in UI design. Most importantly
let's fix these shortcomings before using them as an excuse
to do fundamental changes to the way we organize and
develop software.

João