Re: dash.el [was: Re: Imports / inclusion of s.el into Emacs]

From: Dmitry Gutov
Subject: Re: dash.el [was: Re: Imports / inclusion of s.el into Emacs]
Date: Mon, 18 May 2020 21:00:05 +0300

On 18.05.2020 19:28, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
Cc: address@hidden, address@hidden, address@hidden,
  address@hidden, address@hidden, address@hidden,
  address@hidden
From: Dmitry Gutov <address@hidden>
Date: Mon, 18 May 2020 19:13:51 +0300

An arbitrary NEWS file doesn't mention all packages we offer.

It mentions the new ones.  For the rest, we have "C-h p".  Of course,
you already know all that,

No, I don't. I may have seen it mentioned a few years ago, tried it once, the result didn't help me with whatever I was doing at the time, so I promptly forgot the binding and what it does.

Does anybody here use 'C-h p' on a regular basis?

I use 'M-x list-packages' fairly often, however. So do many other users.

It's also easier to search right away with 'C-s'.

so I'm not sure I understand where does
this argument go.

Perhaps I'm just talking to Richard, given how quickly you dismiss most of my explanations.