Re: Drop the Copyright Assignment requirement for Emacs

From: Philippe Vaucher
Subject: Re: Drop the Copyright Assignment requirement for Emacs
Date: Tue, 19 May 2020 07:56:52 +0200

> > (and I do note you'd still have to go through the horrors of finding a
> > pen and paper in your office and manually using your arms to hold
> > it up to the webcam)
>
> Please, I said 3 times already that YOU JUST TYPE YOUR NAME ON YOUR
> KEYBOARD, or attach an image. Yes, that's how I did in in Adobe Sign
> (just typed "Philippe Vaucher" on my keyboard). The only thing it did
> is the name was displayed using a hand-written font. Surely this
> cannot be complicated to duplicate. I already said all this.

Ok, I looked what it means in terms of technology, it's all pretty
simple on the UI side (even drawing your signature with the mouse is
easy: https://codepen.io/dus7/pen/qGQbVP)

But it's more complicated on the digital signature side:

It looks like for the form you cannot simply use an HTML page over
HTTPs, you have to display a PDF. In the open source world I found
https://www.signserver.org and http://isafepdf.eurekaa.org, there are
probably others too, it looks like a lot of companies are into this
business. Anyhow I don't think it'd be particularly complicated to
find out how to achieve online digital signatures, but sure it's an
investment of time & effort.

Philippe