Re: Drop the Copyright Assignment requirement for Emacs

From: João Távora
Subject: Re: Drop the Copyright Assignment requirement for Emacs
Date: Wed, 20 May 2020 00:48:19 +0100

Philippe Vaucher <address@hidden> writes:

>> Online it's more simple: identification is done before accessing the
>> form (double authentication, email validation, whatever), then once
>> you access the form there's only the confirmation-step remaining.
> I'll let you use your imagination as to how add even more
> identification along this process, maybe by adding identification after
> you confirmed the contract, invalidating it if you cannot reconfirm it's you.

You've lost me in the signing technology minutiae at this point.  But I
encourage you to develop a free software solution that does what you
think is important to Emacs and the world in general.

In fact, we can compile a list of things that could ameliorate some of
the problems you are facing and have brought up.  Things you could start
working on, if you so wanted:

- An automated way to generate API lists from certain sections in the
  manual;

- A completion style that scores completion items mentioned in the
  manual higher.  I think I put a prototype of this somewhere in the
  discussion.  On a tangent, today I saw a completion style for emojis
  that showed be :cry: when I typed :sad:.  Interesting;

- A easy-to-use digital/electronic signing solution based on free
  software;

João