Re: Drop the Copyright Assignment requirement for Emacs

From: João Távora
Subject: Re: Drop the Copyright Assignment requirement for Emacs
Date: Mon, 18 May 2020 17:59:01 +0100

On Mon, May 18, 2020 at 5:41 PM Philippe Vaucher
<address@hidden> wrote:

> But it's still more work than simply clicking a few times in a browser.
>
> The first thing is that all you have is a PDF. The instructions are to
> print it, sign it and a scan it. So you first MUST have the idea of
> editing it in gimp. Then you have to find your signature. Then realise
> you cannot find it anymore. Thus sign a piece of paper & scan it. Then
> do the gimp editing. Then export the image. Then go back to email
> writing and attach the file.

> Do you understand my point now?

No, I really don't.

> Maybe we have different limits as to what is perceived "annoying
> paperwork"

Indeed. We're really talking sloth-level lazy programmers who won't
go through this one-time 10 minute-long ordeal involving email and
a mobile phone.

I'd do that a million times over clicking "I agree" in some shady
Adobe EULA.

João