Re: Drop the Copyright Assignment requirement for Emacs

From: João Távora
Subject: Re: Drop the Copyright Assignment requirement for Emacs
Date: Mon, 18 May 2020 18:04:23 +0100

On Mon, May 18, 2020 at 5:46 PM Philippe Vaucher
<address@hidden> wrote:

> "Follow this link to begin the assignment process [LINK]". You click
> it, it says "you are about to do this and that". You click next. You
> have a form to fill with very little information that are very easy
> available to you. In that form there is a way to add your signature by
> simply typing your name or attaching an image. When you finish it says
> "are you sure?" and you click yes and it says "Thanks! Everything is
> done you are free to go".
>
> One smooth registration process without any manual kludges in the
> middle. That's what most people want.

Sure, if you want to write that using Free software and respecting
privacy, I'm all for it, go ahead.  But don't try to convince me that's
what's going to get people to start contributing to Emacs.

(and I do note you'd still have to go through the horrors of finding a
pen and paper in your office and manually using your arms to hold
it up to the webcam)

João