Re: dash.el [was: Re: Imports / inclusion of s.el into Emacs]

From: Joost Kremers
Subject: Re: dash.el [was: Re: Imports / inclusion of s.el into Emacs]
Date: Wed, 13 May 2020 00:00:24 +0200

On Tue, May 12 2020, Stefan Monnier wrote:
In Clojure, a function literal is written with `#(...)`, and it supports
`%n` for arguments, where n=1,2,3...

IIRC there's a macro somewhere providing a similar facility.
We can't use (# ...) because the reader doesn't like `#` on its own (it expects it to be followed by something like a vector, a hex/binary/octal
number, etc...).

Doing it in the reader would be nicer, because `#(/ 3 %)` is more obviously a division than `(# / 3 %)`, I think.

--
Joost Kremers
Life has its moments