Re: Un-deprecating oset

From: Adam Porter
Subject: Re: Un-deprecating oset
Date: Tue, 12 May 2020 16:47:16 -0500

Jonas Bernoulli <address@hidden> writes:

> Well, it seems nobody else (who has noticed so far) shares my opinion
> (enough to comment here).  I'll go replace my uses of `oset' now.

Since you asked (sort of): If I had to vote, I'd vote in favor of
keeping oset rather than deprecating it.  I generally like using setf,
but (setf (oref ...))  feels unnecessarily verbose compared to (oset
...).  But if oset didn't already exist, I'm not sure I'd favor adding
it.

For myself, if Stefan wants to deprecate it, I can live with that.

Of course, you've written orders of magnitude more EIEIO-using code than
I have (I wouldn't be surprised if you've written more than anyone), so
your perspective is different from mine.  :)