Re: Un-deprecating oset

From: Jonas Bernoulli
Subject: Re: Un-deprecating oset
Date: Tue, 12 May 2020 17:06:33 +0200

Well, it seems nobody else (who has noticed so far) shares my opinion
(enough to comment here).  I'll go replace my uses of `oset' now.

I still think it doesn't make sense to remove `oset' while keeping
`oref', which I said best in the only part of my earlier mail that
you did not quote:

>       - If `oset' is so bad, then `oref' must be just as bad, right?
>
>        If we commit to keeping `oref' around, then why not do the
>        same for `oset'?  If we commit to never remove one of these
>        two, then why even bother removing the other?  As long as we
>        keep `oref', the ghost of `oset' will hang on, and now you
>        have not only a mess but a *haunted* mess.

But I won't keep arguing that opinion because I don't want to risk
that you actually end up removing `oref' as a result well.  ;D

  Jonas