Re: dash.el [was: Re: Imports / inclusion of s.el into Emacs]

From: Göktuğ Kayaalp
Subject: Re: dash.el [was: Re: Imports / inclusion of s.el into Emacs]
Date: Wed, 20 May 2020 17:04:28 +0300

On 2020-05-19 18:52 +03, Stefan Monnier wrote:
> We don't disagree on the advantages and disadvantages.  We just disagree
> on the respective weight we put on them.

:thumbs-up:

                                   ⁂

I wonder what’s the final say on this.  AFAIU y’all are not keen on
merging this.  Or is it still up for discussion?  There’s a nice patch
by Adrián I’ll be merging soon which removes the dash dependency and
fixes a few problems.

I’m fine with dollar.el remaining as is: a nice little addition to your
.emacs.d that can make smaller lambdas a bit more terse, not really
intended for use in packages (which is FWIW why I didn’t put it on
Melpa).

Best,
        -gk.