Re: dash.el [was: Re: Imports / inclusion of s.el into Emacs]

From: Philippe Vaucher
Subject: Re: dash.el [was: Re: Imports / inclusion of s.el into Emacs]
Date: Sun, 10 May 2020 09:23:53 +0200

>   > I think it's a reasonable approach in theory. Practically I don't
>   > think the maintainer would be ok to maintain two prefixes (one for
>   > MELPA, one for ELPA) or willing to rename it because so many packages
>   > depends on it.
>
> The first thing to do is ask the maintainer to simply change them.

I'd like additional people to agree with you on this first. I mean
sure I can try but it sounds so unlikely to happen, the author already
gave us all of his code but asked for not too much work for it to be
included in ELPA.

The only thing I can see myself do is to ask on a humorous tone as if
we all know that this is not going to happen, and on a lucky moon he
might reply with "you know what? I was actually thinking about it" :-)