Re: Imports / inclusion of s.el into Emacs

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Imports / inclusion of s.el into Emacs
Date: Wed, 06 May 2020 09:43:24 -0400

> Essentially, you add something to the readme saying "copyright
> assignment",

That's good.

> update the header of "s.el" to say "this is part of Emacs".

This is not necessary (GNU ELPA packages are neither part nor not part
of Emacs.  They live in a happy in-between).  The better option is to
remove the "this is (not) part of" altogether.

> Then you push the github master branch to a new branch
> externals/s on ELPA, then update externals-list which on master.

That's about right.  Tho you first need to check whether all the
contributors of non-trivial amounts of code&doc have signed the paperwork.

> IIRC, ELPA will sit on this till there is a version bump, as described
> in the header, so you would need to do that as well.

The appearance of the package counts as a version bump, so there's no
need to change the "Version:" before the first package is built.

> Then wait, because ELPA builds every 24 hrs I think.

Actually, it should be every 12h, usually.

        Stefan