Re: Convert some files from outline-mode to org-mode

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: Convert some files from outline-mode to org-mode
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 2020 11:40:03 +0200

Hi Richard,

>   > > I think that giving outline-mode an option to call org-mode
>   > > would enable every user to be happy.  In addition, people who like Org
> mode
>   > > would probably like this in general.
>
>   > M-x org-mode
>
> Sorry, I don't get your meaaning.
> Would you please stateyour point more explicitly?

If you have opened /etc/NEWS, it is in outline-mode. When you call "M-x
org-mode",
it switches to org-mode. No special option needed, I believe.

If something is needed for org-mode, we could add this close to the local
variables section, as Stefan has shown in his patch - it doesn't hurt:

#+STARTUP: showall
Local variables:
coding: utf-8
mode: outline