Re: Convert some files from outline-mode to org-mode

From: Stefan Kangas
Subject: Re: Convert some files from outline-mode to org-mode
Date: Sun, 26 Apr 2020 21:29:13 +0200

Hi Alan,

Alan Mackenzie <address@hidden>:

> You fail to represent my objection, here.  Let me restate it.

Sorry, that was an oversight on my part.  Thanks for restating it.

> You do not have to "know" outline-mode to use it.  I certainly don't.
> It is merely text-mode adorned with a few non-essential commands for
> navigating via the outlines.

The same is true for org-mode, IMHO.  One can happily use org-mode
while ignoring all of the more complicated features.

The exceptions I can think of seem unlikely to be something we would
want to use (customized agenda, tables, babel, etc.).

Best regards,
Stefan Kangas