Re: Convert some files from outline-mode to org-mode

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Convert some files from outline-mode to org-mode
Date: Sun, 26 Apr 2020 14:36:26 -0400

>>     * etc/TODO: Use org-mode instead of outline-mode.
>> So please make it known how you feel about this proposal.
> This sounds like a great idea to me.  Yes please :)
> I get very confused every time I open one of these files.  It looks
> sufficiently similar to org to switch my org-mode reflexes on, and besides
> I've never see the plain outline-mode used anywhere else.

I'm a sufficiently naive user of those systems that I must say I have no
idea what concrete difference it would make on those files.  From where
I stand the only visible difference for me would be that it might delay
the display of the buffer by a few seconds while Org-mode loads (tho
there's a chance, this cost would be recovered later when I open one of
my Org files in the same session).

So could someone summarize what are those "org-mode reflexes" that need
switching, as well as any other impact (including hypothetical future
benefits which will only materialize after we make further changes to
those files to take advantage of some Org features)?

        Stefan