Re: "Why is emacs so square?"

From: Juan José García-Ripoll
Subject: Re: "Why is emacs so square?"
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 2020 19:10:48 +0200

Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> writes:
> "Standard" as in "subject to change without notice" each time the
> vendor decides to change the look-and-feel (which happens roughly
> every 2 to 3 years).

In Windows there are no standard icons, but a few ones signifying
warnings
(https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/win32/api/winuser/nf-winuser-loadicona)

This said, there are some DLLs that have broad sets of icons and that
are available, some since Windows 95, some since Windows XP. They have
not changed and can be used
https://www.digitalcitizen.life/where-find-most-windows-10s-native-icons
This webpage provides a reference by library and code
https://diymediahome.org/windows-icons-reference-list-with-details-locations-images/
However, the default set of icons is obviously deficient in that it does
not provide the icons an editor application requires: open, save, print,
etc.

Definitely I would not recommend this path, but I would encourage having
some higher resolution icons available in PNG format, for those who use
them (I disable toolbar in my computers).

Cheers

--
Juan José García Ripoll
http://juanjose.garciaripoll.com