Re: "Why is emacs so square?"

From: Iñigo Serna
Subject: Re: "Why is emacs so square?"
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 2020 20:02:16 +0200

On 22 April 2020 at 18:29 +02, Robert Pluim <address@hidden> wrote:

> Someone in this thread mentioned they were working on a 'proper' GTK
> backend, is that anywhere near useable yet?

I've been lucky enough to test Po Lu's work over the last couple of
weeks, and although it's still WIP and there are still things to work on
- in my tests, mainly related to the keyboard - the result is quite stable,
and visually excellent.
For instance, look at the screenshot he attached a couple of days ago to
one of his first emails in this thread.

I don't want to steal the attention Po Lu deserves, so I won't comment
any further, and let him to show it by himself, but I'm really excited
with his work.

Regards,
Iñigo