Re: [RFE] Migration to gitlab

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: [RFE] Migration to gitlab
Date: Fri, 10 May 2019 18:34:39 +0300

> From: Óscar Fuentes <address@hidden>
> Date: Fri, 10 May 2019 16:54:43 +0200
>
> >> For one-off or occasional contributors, debbugs is a pig.
> >
> > There's no reason for one-off contributors to retitle a bug report.
>
> About the same reasons as for anybody else.

Exactly.  IOW: none at all.

> Anyways, my gripes about debbugs are not limited to the command system.
> Maybe 30 years ago it looked like an improvement, but for the last 20
> years it can hardly qualify as a pile of hacks shoehorning a primitive
> issue tracker on top of a mailing list.
>
> The fact that you can't even subscribe to a bug# is appalling.

We should invest more energy in finding better systems and adapting
them to our needs, and less in arguing how bad debbugs is.  That's why
I posted my comments on GitLab.  I hope someone will find ways of
overcoming those issues, or maybe will find a system that has fewer
issues and is better suited to how we work and want to work.