Re: [RFE] Migration to gitlab

From: Óscar Fuentes
Subject: Re: [RFE] Migration to gitlab
Date: Fri, 10 May 2019 16:54:43 +0200

Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> writes:

>> From: Óscar Fuentes <address@hidden>
>> Date: Fri, 10 May 2019 16:02:44 +0200
>>
>> I recently tried to change the title of a bug report. After searching
>> the instructions on the web, reading them and sending the e-mail with
>> the command, it had no effect, so I did something wrong. But I don't
>> care. I'll never waste another 10 minutes of my time on such endeavours
>> again.
>>
>> Yesterday I had to change the title of a bug on github for the first
>> time. It took a few seconds and worked right away.
>>
>> For one-off or occasional contributors, debbugs is a pig.
>
> There's no reason for one-off contributors to retitle a bug report.

About the same reasons as for anybody else.

Anyways, my gripes about debbugs are not limited to the command system.
Maybe 30 years ago it looked like an improvement, but for the last 20
years it can hardly qualify as a pile of hacks shoehorning a primitive
issue tracker on top of a mailing list.

The fact that you can't even subscribe to a bug# is appalling.