Re: [RFE] Migration to gitlab

From: Dmitry Gutov
Subject: Re: [RFE] Migration to gitlab
Date: Mon, 13 May 2019 21:22:36 +0300

On 13.05.2019 12:03, Toon Claes wrote:

 From Emacs requirements issue, I've linked to "Increase granularity of
email notification settings":
https://gitlab.com/gitlab-org/gitlab-ce/issues/29884

I think there a lot of different types of email notifications and for
those also several conditions (e.g. like a "only email me when
reassigned to me" setting). So it would require a fair amount of
research to compose a complete list of settings.

I really wonder what happens if I have set e.g. a "Mention" notificaion level for the Emacs project, and then I open an issue, or subscribe to an existing one. Would GitLab still only send notifications for @mentions?

Yes, I would also want to set up a sandbox. We can create a new dummy
project on EMBA for this.

I just created a "test" issue on the main Emacs project, but sure, it could be more proper to create a separate project as a test bed.

> If we can extract the bugs from debbugs to a
> CSV format, we even should be able to import them to GitLab. That also
> might help us to test the limitations of Forge.

It's a question of "when" and "who", but not "if", I think. :-)

And there are
several other admins who can do that: Nicolas Petton, Michael Albinus,
Ted Zlatanov, and recently also you Dmitry.
Ah, that is right. I see the admin area now.

BTW, looks like the "Reply by email" feature is not configured yet.