Re: [RFE] Migration to gitlab

From: Toon Claes
Subject: Re: [RFE] Migration to gitlab
Date: Mon, 13 May 2019 11:03:39 +0200

Dmitry Gutov <address@hidden> writes:

> Hmm. Let's see if it can be configured as well, or we can add that to
> the list of requirements on the GitLab-CE issue Toon opened.

From Emacs requirements issue, I've linked to "Increase granularity of
email notification settings":
https://gitlab.com/gitlab-org/gitlab-ce/issues/29884

I think there a lot of different types of email notifications and for
those also several conditions (e.g. like a "only email me when
reassigned to me" setting). So it would require a fair amount of
research to compose a complete list of settings.

> No, I'm suggesting to use it as a sandbox at first. Post some random
> issues, close them, reopen them, write some comments, receive comments
> from others, respond to them over email, etc, and see how well that
> works, and what the main problems are.

Yes, I would also want to set up a sandbox. We can create a new dummy
project on EMBA for this. If we can extract the bugs from debbugs to a
CSV format, we even should be able to import them to GitLab. That also
might help us to test the limitations of Forge.

> (*) I think currently registration is only manual, so we'll need to
> ask Toon to create an account.

There are a number of email domains whitelisted, like: @gnu.org,
@fsf.org. Users with an email address on those domains can register
without restriction. Or I can create the account for you. And there are
several other admins who can do that: Nicolas Petton, Michael Albinus,
Ted Zlatanov, and recently also you Dmitry.

Just to make clear, it's not my objective to run EMBA on my own. I'm
here to help, but I don't want to limit anyone in their
possibilities. So if anyone wants access to anything, please let us
know.

--
Toon