Re: Improving X selection?

From: David De La Harpe Golden
Subject: Re: Improving X selection?
Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2008 01:42:09 +0000

On 08/02/2008, Miles Bader <address@hidden> wrote:

> It sounds like your idea would instead make the current selection
> available via "C-y M-y" which sounds maddeningly unintuitive -- the
> current selection, after all, is _current_...

Well, then please, try the fish, I mean the rev 2 patch, with a

(customization group killing):
x-cut-buffer-or-selection-value-return-multiple t
x-cut-buffer-or-selection-value-return-order :pcb
x-select-enable-clipboard including :paste in its choose list (or t)
x-select-enable-primary also including :paste in its choose list (or t)

- then, when you C-y, the primary X11 selection (i.e. currently
highlighted) thing is inserted (and put on the kill ring), and the
clipboard, if any was found, and if different, is an M-y away.

This is a variant the "Tom Horsley thang", which the patch IMO
supports nicely even though I don't like it much myself.