OT [was Re: Improving X selection?]

From: Tom Horsley
Subject: OT [was Re: Improving X selection?]
Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2008 08:26:20 -0500

On Fri, 8 Feb 2008 02:50:44 +0000
"David De La Harpe Golden" <address@hidden> wrote:

> *And, er, then what if the heretic freedesktop.org-scorning user
> /wants/ selection to affect the clipboard, like an xterm with "select
> to clipboard" turned on?   The patch handles that situation fine.

Hey, I just had an idea! I wonder if I could convince my X server
that the "atom" for the CLIPBOARD and PRIMARY properties is the
same value, then no apps would use two different selections anymore
and I wouldn't have to try and keep track of them.

Might need a new AtomAlias X server extension for something as
nefarious as that :-).