Re: Improving X selection?

From: Stephen J. Turnbull
Subject: Re: Improving X selection?
Date: Fri, 08 Feb 2008 09:22:24 +0900

David De La Harpe Golden writes:

 > Okay, but then you have to be very careful about what
 > x-select-enable-clipboard (or even a "select-enable-clipboard")
 > actually denotes IMO:
 >
 > By that reading, a logical interpretation of a boolean var called
 > select-enable-clipboard might be that when t, when text is merely
 > selected, the clipboard is to be affected,

You mean that text would actually be copied to the clipboard?  YMMV,
but it would never occur to me to interpret it that way.  Rather, I
would interpret it that when text is selected, the til-then snoozing
clipboard gets a light tap on its shoulder "hey, man, wake up, we may
have some work for you to do!" (and then again, we may not).