Re: Improving X selection?

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: Improving X selection?
Date: Fri, 08 Feb 2008 10:19:49 +0900

> Have you given thought to queueing (ie, at the back of the kill-ring)
> the primary selection rather than pushing it (on the front)?  Seems an
> obvious "best of both worlds combination" of current Emacs behavior
> and purist X11 semantics.

I'm not sure I understand what you mean.

What I (and many others) like about the current implementation is that
you can do "Select" in say, xterm, and then do "C-y" in Emacs to yank
that selection.

It sounds like your idea would instead make the current selection
available via "C-y M-y" which sounds maddeningly unintuitive -- the
current selection, after all, is _current_...

-Miles

--
Patience, n. A minor form of despair, disguised as a virtue.