Re: [Dvdrtools-users] Re: Problem burning to LG DVDRAM GSA-4167B -- ProD

From: Volker Kuhlmann
Subject: Re: [Dvdrtools-users] Re: Problem burning to LG DVDRAM GSA-4167B -- ProDVD only does DVD-R
Date: Sun, 1 Jan 2006 10:48:07 +1300

On Sun 01 Jan 2006 05:25:51 NZDT +1300, Bryan J. Smith wrote:

> > I've just tried to burn a DVD+RW with cdrecord-prodvd. Guess what: it
> > worked just fine. In answer to your question: for quite some time,
> > considering that the current cdrecord-prodvd is a year old, and I don't
> > think it's the first release supporting +R(W) burning.
>
> What exact version are you running?

As I said, the current one. Linux, as that's what we're talking about.

Searching through my logs, I burnt for example this
Cdrecord-ProDVD-Clone 2.01a12
Profile: DVD+RW (current)
in Mar 2003. As I said, years ago.

> And what drive make/model is it?

Pioneer A106. I.e. not Ricoh.

> And are you positive it is a DVD+RW disc?

Yes. Very. And look, here, the software agrees with me too:

Current: DVD+RW
Profile: DVD+R
Profile: DVD+RW (current)
Profile: DVD-RW sequential overwrite