Re: [Duplicity-talk] erroneous incrementals? verify failing? everything

From: Kenneth Loafman
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] erroneous incrementals? verify failing? everything else seems okay?
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2009 07:12:07 -0500

Edgar Soldin wrote:
>> I think the log level should be moved down to 3 (default) on this one.
>> Opinions?
>>

> Didn't Michael kind of name the log levels or tried at least? .. kind of
> warning, info, debug ...
> online man page states
> -->
>
> *-v*/[0-9]/*, --verbosity */[0-9]/
>     Specify verbosity level (0 is total silent, 3 is the default, and 9
>     is noisiest).
> <--
>
> This should be more detailled. If somebody gives me an overview I could
> think of a more detailed description for the manpage.

Here are the current log levels:
    logging.addLevelName(DupToLoggerLevel(0), "ERROR")
    logging.addLevelName(DupToLoggerLevel(1), "WARNING")
    logging.addLevelName(DupToLoggerLevel(2), "WARNING")
    logging.addLevelName(DupToLoggerLevel(3), "NOTICE")
    logging.addLevelName(DupToLoggerLevel(4), "NOTICE")
    logging.addLevelName(DupToLoggerLevel(5), "INFO")
    logging.addLevelName(DupToLoggerLevel(6), "INFO")
    logging.addLevelName(DupToLoggerLevel(7), "INFO")
    logging.addLevelName(DupToLoggerLevel(8), "INFO")
    logging.addLevelName(DupToLoggerLevel(9), "DEBUG")

> address@hidden .. do the --log-* commands interpret the -v switch or
> do they always put out -v9 ?

The symbolic names are used internally a bit, but still mostly numeric.
 I have not had the time to go through the code and make it all
symbolic, i.e. use Log.Info(), Log.Warning(), etc.

The default is set to NOTICE, but only level 3-->0 are output which
shows that we probably need to adjust logging to get 4 to show also.

...Ken