Re: [Duplicity-talk] Version 0.5.04 Released

From: Peter Schuller
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] Version 0.5.04 Released
Date: Sun, 28 Dec 2008 12:54:51 +0100

> Where are the tarball releases for python-distutils-extra as all I can
> find is <http://www.glatzor.de/projects/python-distutils-extra/> which
> only has a bzr branch for the code and no release tarballs?

The bzr branch seems gone too, or is it me?

I also googled and there was a bug against gentoo ebuild about
disappearing tarballs.

I'm trying to maintain duplicity in FreeBSD ports and the introduction
of this dependency is slightly worrysome unless proper releases can be
found. I'm sure pkgsrc/gentoo and such will have similar issues.

I am not snowed into distutils and gettext. How difficult would it be
to avoid this dependency? On py-distutils-extra I mean, not on
gettext. Given that duplicity is backup software, it may be warranted
to go to some extra lengths to avoid depending on third party software
whose distribution/ubiquity is questionable; especially if it relates
to installation only.

--
/ Peter Schuller

PGP userID: 0xE9758B7D or 'Peter Schuller <address@hidden>'