Re: [Dfey-nw-discuss] CMS for website

From: Tim Dobson
Subject: Re: [Dfey-nw-discuss] CMS for website
Date: Fri, 24 Jul 2009 23:21:15 +0100

Robert Leverington wrote:

You make some interesting suggestions, that seem to me to be quite
sensible.  If we go for a more static site there won't be the need to
monitor who is updating it since all the content will be agreed upon in
advanced (we could use pages on the wiki to organise this, but I haven't
really thought that through).  Furthermore agreeing upon all the content
before posting it live is likely to significantly reduce drama
considerably.

Exactly. I think that sums up pretty much exactly what I thought.

The general idea we discussed on IRC was that we would use the CMS for a
news feed and having a few static pages, but thinking about it further it
seems unlikely that there will be so much news and a firm system for
managing static content seems the way forward.

Yep.

The contentious bit, however, is essentially, do we need a CMS for essentially static content.

I personally think the cms I suggested looks cool at this, but noone will have any experience in using it.

Tim