Re: [Dfey-nw-discuss] CMS for website

From: Tim Dobson
Subject: Re: [Dfey-nw-discuss] CMS for website
Date: Fri, 24 Jul 2009 23:23:44 +0100

Robert Leverington wrote:
On 2009-07-22, Tim Dobson wrote:
Also why are we moving to a VPS for "more flexibility" when wordpress is one of the least demanding pieces of software written in php out there?

I mean, I'm not suggesting we should be using thinks for the sake of it being difficult but it does raise some serious questions - what "flexibility" are we currently lacking?

Before we rented a VPS DFEY did not have any hosting specific to it,
everything was running on members personal hosting (at least this is my

<snips>

fair points.

I guess I kind of got a bit short sited.

I do kind of have a "if it works don't break it" attitude but nevertheless, some good points.

Tim