Re: [Dfey-nw-discuss] CMS for website

From: Tim Dobson
Subject: Re: [Dfey-nw-discuss] CMS for website
Date: Wed, 22 Jul 2009 01:14:26 +0100

Robert Leverington wrote:
What benefit does this offer?  I can't tell if there is really anything
we want that it can do and other packages cannot. Among other things it
will have the disadvantage of being much harder to tie user accounts
with other things like the wiki.

Also why are we moving to a VPS for "more flexibility" when wordpress is one of the least demanding pieces of software written in php out there?

I mean, I'm not suggesting we should be using thinks for the sake of it being difficult but it does raise some serious questions - what "flexibility" are we currently lacking?

Tim