Re: [Dfey-nw-discuss] DFEY website redesign

From: Robert Leverington
Subject: Re: [Dfey-nw-discuss] DFEY website redesign
Date: Fri, 17 Jul 2009 21:28:41 +0000

On 2009-07-17, Tim Dobson wrote:
> I was just thinking, the GNU project has a shell server, fencepost,
> which various people involved in the project have accounts on.
>
> Maybe we can give the VPS as unique hostname so that if at some point in
> the future we wished to retire it from webserving duties, we could
> continue to use it as a shell server.
>
> What do you think?

I honestly have no suggestions for the name, but I agree with the
principle.

Since we seem to have a consensus (for once :) it would be nice if we
could get this going fairly soon.  We just need to appoint someone to
handle billing and collecting funds from members who have committed some
so far.

Also note there is a ?2 funding deficit (sp). I would happilly pay this
additional amount for now - but in the long run it would be nice if we
could share this out more evenly in the future (depending on how useful
people find it, I suppose).

Robert