Re: [Dfey-nw-discuss] DFEY website redesign

From: Tim Dobson
Subject: Re: [Dfey-nw-discuss] DFEY website redesign
Date: Fri, 17 Jul 2009 19:02:38 +0100

Connor Smith wrote:
To begin with the VPS will run Debian Squeeze have an Apache2, MySQL,
and maybe some other stuff. It will have a wiki and blog at
http://dfey.org/wiki/ and http://dfey.org/blog/. The wiki will have
both NW and SE pages. Eventually further daemons may be used, such as a
mail server.

Not quite what I'd do, but ok, lets give it a go.

I was just thinking, the GNU project has a shell server, fencepost, which various people involved in the project have accounts on.

Maybe we can give the VPS as unique hostname so that if at some point in the future we wished to retire it from webserving duties, we could continue to use it as a shell server.

What do you think?

Obviously "fencepost" is probably not the ideal name for our server anyone got any ideas of uncontroversial but good hostnames?

Tim