Re: [Dfey-nw-discuss] DFEY website redesign

From: Richard Thompson
Subject: Re: [Dfey-nw-discuss] DFEY website redesign
Date: Thu, 16 Jul 2009 22:23:01 +0100

2009/7/16 Connor Smith <address@hidden>
On IRC we concluded:

We will rent a VPS with BitFolk. This will cost £8/m. Robert has agreed
to contribute £4/m, Richard £2/m; this means we would need £2/m more.
Robert could be responsible for handling billing and collecting
payment. This would result in a discount, too.

To begin with the VPS will run Debian Squeeze have an Apache2, MySQL,
and maybe some other stuff. It will have a wiki and blog at
http://dfey.org/wiki/ and http://dfey.org/blog/. The wiki will have
both NW and SE pages. Eventually further daemons may be used, such as a
mail server.

Accounts will be given to anyone in DFEY. Sudo access will be available
to Tim, Connor, Ben, Robert, and Richard to begin with.

It may be considered "overkill", but if there are people who are
willing to administer it and would like it (which there are), and there
is some benefit (which there is - greater flexibility), then this is
not an issue. Furthermore, the money is being spent solely by people
who want this to happen.

Signed,

Robert Leverington
Isabell Long
Joe MacMahon
Connor Smith
James Stoker
Richard Thompson
Ben Webb

As I've already stated on IRC, I do not think we should be using Debian Squeeze on a server unless there is a valid and specific reason, and by specific I mean, we *need* version x of this server and there is *no* way to get it running on Debian Lenny

Thanks

--
Richard Thompson