Re: [Dfey-nw-discuss] DFEY SE (was: 2morro festival - free tickets)

From: Robert Leverington
Subject: Re: [Dfey-nw-discuss] DFEY SE (was: 2morro festival - free tickets)
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2009 10:31:16 +0100

Hi,

2009/6/24 Tim Dobson <address@hidden>:
> Isabell Long wrote:
>>
>> Yep I hope so.  I might not be able to come to the NW but at least I can
>> maybe do stuff in London.
>
> Sure. But it's only a matter of time before something starts up in the SE. I
> was kinda hoping you and roberthl could have a chat about doing something
> like that but that obviously thats not possible

We have actually had a chat about this, the generally feel was that as
an organisation we would need a set of defined aims/objectives before
doing anything much. Obviously it will essentially be almost identical
to DFEY NW, but for the south east - however it is still important to
completely understand why we're starting such a venture (and something
completely identical to DFEY NW is going to make less sense than
something that both brings existing DFEY initiatives to the south, as
well as pioneering its own ideas); any suggestions would be good.

I tried to start putting down ideas, etc., but that quickly failed due
to lack of interest - maybe when we all have a bit more time.

> I think a DFEY-SE would get going fairly quickly - it just needs a few
> people to drive it. :)

Is/does anyone know anyone else who will be interested in this?
Currently I know of about three DFEY NW regulars who are/will be
located in the south east (me, Isabell, and Connor), but it would be
good to have more especially since we will be all located quite far
away from one another making meetings more challenging.

Robert