Re: [Dfey-nw-discuss] DFEY SE (was: 2morro festival - free tickets)

From: Tim Dobson
Subject: Re: [Dfey-nw-discuss] DFEY SE (was: 2morro festival - free tickets)
Date: Fri, 26 Jun 2009 02:36:16 +0000

Robert Leverington wrote:
Hi,

2009/6/25 Rob Barry <address@hidden>:
I'm in the midlands so I could come to a couple of meetings at least
(so long as they're at the weekend), finances depending of course! I seem to be
situated as well to go to DFEY-NW meetings in Manc as i would be to go to
DFEY-SE meeting in London, just a bit more expensive to go to the latter ;)

I think we'd have no choice but to schedule them at the weekends given
that everyone will have some other commitment during the week, so this
won't be an issue at all.

All DFEY-NW meetings have been at the weekend so far so I would totally expect stuff to take place at the weekend. Getting good, free weekend venues can be a little bit of a chore but we've managed it in Manchester so I'm sure it won't be too much of a problem in London.. I'll ping a few people who might be able to offer advice.

I think it'd be a great opportunity to get some fresh faces into the group,
i don't think it can really sustain itself if it's just four of us meeting
up every once in a while :P Some fresh blood is needed me thinks!

Yeah, of course. But even just the four of us it will be a good start
and something fairly easy to expand on.

Well, to expand just takes a bit of sifting through SE tech communities... It's fairly easy but takes a little bit of time.

I've generally discouraged non-NW people from getting involved in DFEY-NW so far on the basis that up until now we've not had the resources or energy to do anything else; I think there's a fair few young people who'd be up for a DFEY-SE once they get to know about it!

I don't think I can really commit the time to actively helping out a DFEY-SE (or DFEY-$foo) but I'm happy to offer advice, point people in the right direction, help provide infrastructure and direction and prod any helpful contacts I might have. :)

Once you start talking to the right people there's usually a raft of people happy to help. :)

Tim