Re: [Denemo-devel] Gregorian Chant in Denemo

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Gregorian Chant in Denemo
Date: Sat, 24 Dec 2016 09:07:12 +0000

On Sat, 2016-12-24 at 07:50 +0100, Andreas Schneider wrote:
> I have written some scripts which I have attached to this mail.
> DivisioMinima, DivisioMaior, DivisioMaxima and Finalis do what they
> should, yet the graphics is not displayed in the Denemo display. I have
> chosen to make Melisma and MelismaEnd chord directives, since these are
> useful for modern music as well. For Ictus I have used a note directive
> as you suggested, yet it produces a Lilypond error since the \ictus
> command is issued before the duration (e.g. c\ictus 1 ). Is there a
> possibility to have notes without duration in Denemo?

I won't get to examine this for a day or two, but this last question is
already covered by an override. That is, where Denemo writes the prefix
and postfix fields is determined by the setting of the override field.
In this case you need it *after* the duration, which off the top of my
head requires DENEMO_OVERRIDE_AFFIX (whose meaning is: use the
alternative location for the affixes).

Richard