Re: [Denemo-devel] Gregorian Chant in Denemo

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Gregorian Chant in Denemo
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2016 14:03:12 +0000

On Tue, 2016-12-20 at 09:04 +0000, Richard Shann wrote:
> On Mon, 2016-12-19 at 03:15 +0100, Andreas Schneider wrote:
> > Am 19.12.2016 um 20:57 schrieb Richard Shann:
[...]
> > Thanks. Is there a Scheme function to convert a number to Roman? I
> > searched the internet, but did not find anything.
>
> hmm, yes, I thought about that after I wrote. I think it may be
> available - I looked in the Install Cue command and found
>
> (d-GetVoiceIdentifier)
>
> but that generates the variable name for the voice, MvmntIVoiceI.
> Obviously with a bit of manipulation it could be swapped around, but a
> built-in would be better and may already exist, if not I'll create it

Better still, there is no need for them to be different - so I have just
committed a patch to git that makes them the same.
Now you can use the string (d-GetVoiceIdentifier) with
(string-append ...) to put the correct name into your "\new
VaticanaVoice ="
you will need the quotes around it

..... \""  (d-GetVoiceIdentifier) "\"........

HTH