Re: [Denemo-devel] Gregorian Chant in Denemo

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Gregorian Chant in Denemo
Date: Tue, 27 Dec 2016 15:20:57 +0000

On Tue, 2016-12-27 at 16:00 +0100, Andreas Schneider wrote:
> Am 24.12.2016 um 10:07 schrieb Richard Shann:
> > [...] That is, where Denemo writes the prefix
> > and postfix fields is determined by the setting of the override field.
> > In this case you need it *after* the duration, which off the top of my
> > head requires DENEMO_OVERRIDE_AFFIX (whose meaning is: use the
> > alternative location for the affixes).
>
> It seems that DENEMO_OVERRIDE_AFFIX works only with chord directives,
> but not with note directives. I guess that it is only implemented for
> chord directives -- at least an old mail from the time where
> DENEMO_OVERRIDE_AFFIX was first introduced hints at that.

I've just had a quick look and I think you are right, in fact it looks
like overriding the affix position isn't needed at all.
Look at this code:

(d-DirectivePut-chord-postfix "test" "\\trill")
(d-DirectivePut-note-graphic "test" "\nX\nDenemo\n22")
(d-DirectivePut-note-override "test" DENEMO_OVERRIDE_GRAPHIC)
(d-SetSaved #f)

the note directive supplies the glyph (an X from the denemo.ttf font in
this example) to replace the conventional notehead in the display, while
the chord directive supplies the \ictus or what you need to make
LilyPond typeset the same glyph.