Re: [certi-dev] CERTI 3.3.3 should be out this week.

From: Martin Spott
Subject: Re: [certi-dev] CERTI 3.3.3 should be out this week.
Date: Fri, 16 Oct 2009 06:37:58 +0000 (UTC)

Eric Noulard wrote:

> Yes the 'built-in' path /usr/local/share/federations was removed
> in favor of CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX/share/federations
> in order to make CERTI look in the specific  CERTI installation
> which seems a better option than "hardcoded" /usr/local etc...
> see: https://savannah.nongnu.org/patch/?6938

Ah, I see - my bad, apparently I didn't read the patch thoroughly,
maybe because I didn't expect _such_ change ....

> If this breaks your current usage, I think we can re-add
> the /usr/local hard-coded option as the ultimate search option.

Well, it doesn't break any "production use", just my "test case",
therefore I wouldn't call it "serious".
If I may add my vote, then I'd like to point out that I'm not convinced
about forcing to install config files together with the software into
the same location is really best UNIX practise.

Best regards,
        Martin.