bna-farsilinux

Re: [FarsiLinux] repartitioning application

From: Aryan Ameri
Subject: Re: [FarsiLinux] repartitioning application
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2003 14:08:00 +0300

On Tuesday 29 July 2003 14:02, Arash Bijanzadeh wrote:
> On Monday 28 July 2003 23:24, Aryan Ameri wrote:
> > On Monday 28 July 2003 08:03, Arash Bijanzadeh wrote:
> > > I think we should include a reliable partition resizing
> > > application with shabdix; so the windows users could part their
> > > partitions and install shabdix. Could somebody do a research on
> > > it
> >
> > I have personally found GNU Parted to be very usefull. It works
> > like a charm, with a user friendly interface, very well
> > documentation, and has the ability to resize FAT16 FAT32 and NTFS
> > partitions.
>
> Any body brave enough to test it on partition resizing on NTFS and
> FAT?

I don't have one!! :-)

But you guys over there have plenty of systems at your hand. It is worth
installing different versions of windows on one of them, and then
testing this feature.

Mandrake 9.1 also has a FAT and NTFS resizer. I have used it (on a
friend's machine) and it worked like a charm. Although the instaler
itself is a mess IMHO because it doesn't align partition tables
correctly.

Cheers

--
/*  God is dead. Darwin and Mendel jumped
him in an alley and beat him to death.