Re: [be] Re: Balsa Testing in Ghana and PNG

From: Kim Blewett
Subject: Re: [be] Re: Balsa Testing in Ghana and PNG
Date: Tue, 08 Feb 2011 21:33:06 +1000

Wow! Thanks, Teus, for a speedy fix.

OK, I already had the git repo set up, so I've installed it on my Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid computer per your instructions at bibledit.org. Now, how do I get this compiled version onto a different computer? Can I copy the whole ~/bibledit folder over, cd into ~/bibledit/gtk, then do 'sudo make install'? Balsa is based on Xubuntu Lucid, and it has BE 4.0 installed, the current version from the Crosswire repo. Do I have to install any of the packages needed for compiling the new version?

Any advice would be appreciated. We would be very happy to have this menu item for our course next week (along with a few other fixes that are not in the repo version yet), but I don't have time to research how to do this on my own.

Many thanks,
Kim