Re: [be] Re: Balsa Testing in Ghana and PNG

From: Teus Benschop
Subject: Re: [be] Re: Balsa Testing in Ghana and PNG
Date: Tue, 08 Feb 2011 13:29:05 +0100

> [...] Can I copy the
> whole ~/bibledit folder over, cd into ~/bibledit/gtk, then do 'sudo make
> install'? Balsa is based on Xubuntu Lucid, and it has BE 4.0 installed,
> the current version from the Crosswire repo. Do I have to install any of
> the packages needed for compiling the new version?

Doing the 'sudo make install' should work on the new machine, provided
that the packages needed for compiling are present on the system.
Another method would be to cd into ~/bibledit/gtk on the old machine,
and do 'make dist' there. This gives a tarball that contains the source.
It can be installed as described on the site. Hope it works well! Teus