[be] Re: Request for updated BE .deb packages? (for Mint)

From: Jonathan Marsden
Subject: [be] Re: Request for updated BE .deb packages? (for Mint)
Date: Thu, 20 May 2010 11:09:33 -0700

Oreo Warpok wrote:

> I am running Linux Mint, Isadora. So my problems may be due to that.

At least some of them, yes.  I've not packaged Bibledit for Mint, only
for Debian and Ubuntu.  But in this case, it may be an issue that is in
the process of being fixed.  That library in your screenshot seems to
have changed in Ubuntu Lucid, after I made the Crosswire Stable PPA
packages 4.0-1~lucid1.

As a test, please try adding

  ppa:pkgcrosswire/developer-testing

to your Software Sources.  This is the "testing only" PPA for software
we package, rather than the "stable" one.  WIth the developer-testing
PPA, you should be able to install the very latest test build of
Bibledit I made (just a couple hours ago!), bibledit 4.0-2~lucid2 -- and
it may work better for you in Mint.  Let me know.

> However, if I use Ubuntu's newest version for my team, will it install
> easily?

It should; if it doesn't, I'll be more able to help solve any issues you
encounter if you and your team use Ubuntu rather than Mint.

Jonathan